Configuring VLC Advanced
The VLC Advanced remote control provides additional status information and control. For example, you can see the currently playing media and access your media library. However, you need to configure VLC to allow Unified Remote to access this data.
- Make sure you have the latest version of VLC installed.
- Open VLC on your computer.
- Access the preferences by clicking "Tools" and then "Preferences".
- Select "All" settings in the bottom left corner.
- Select "Main interfaces" in the list and then make sure "Web" is enabled.
- Now click the small arrow beside "Main interfaces"
- Select "Lua".
- Enter "vlcremote" (without quotes) in the "Password" field.
- Click "Save"
- For the changes to take effect you must restart VLC.
- If you see a Windows Firewall alert, click "Allow".