Configuring XBMC Advanced
The XBMC Advanced remote control provides additional status information and control. However, you need to configure XBMC to allow Unified Remote to control XBMC. By default Unified Remote Server is configured to control XBMC running on the same computer. It is however possible to control a different computer by changing the "host" setting for the remote in the server manager.
- Make sure you have the latest version of XBMC installed.
- Open XBMC on your computer.
- Choose "System" > "Settings" from the main menu.
- Choose "Services" in the menu.
- Select "Webserver".
- Make sure "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" is enabled.
- Also, change the "Port" to 8080.