Making your PC discoverable
In Windows your PC can be configured to either be connected to a public network (not discoverable) or a private network (discoverable). If your PC isn't connected to a private network then the app may not be able to connect to your server.
To make your PC discoverable, first be careful and make sure you are indeed connected to a private network (i.e. not a public WiFi hotspot or insecure network). Then follow these steps:
- Open the start menu and type "Settings"
- Click "Network & Internet"
- Click "Ethernet" in the side bar
- Click the connection name, right under the "Ethernet" title
- Make sure the switch under "Make this PC discoverable" is on